Community Development and Zoning
The Community Development Division is the primary contact for new development and/or redevelopment proposals involving potential residential, commercial, industrial, and community uses. This Division helps coordinate the City development review process which basically is a collaborative process involving the Mayor, Common Council, Plan Commission, other City departments, and residential/business community.
Community Development Functions
- Analyze the viability of statutory development enhancement options such as: Community Development Block Grants, Business Improvement District, Community Development Authority, Tax Incremental Financing, Brownfields-related grants, etc.
- Coordinate development and/or redevelopment activities with county, state, federal, and regional officials, when necessary.
- Coordinate proposals, such as: site and landscaping approvals, re-zonings, special uses, land divisions, new subdivision platting, conceptual project reviews, and planned unit developments.
- Evaluate and recommend strategies to encourage proactive and responsible development designed to maximize property values for all.
- Manage and supervise community development operations across departmental lines.
- Oversee development proposal review for compliance with local ordinances and the 2008 Comprehensive Land Use Plan.
- Answers zoning questions, supplies re-build and zoning compliance letters, and handles all zoning variances with the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Engineering Charges
- Impervious Area Calculation Form
- Plan Commission Checklist
- Plan Commission Fee List
- City of Greenfield Zoning Map (PDF)
- Greenfield Certified Survey Map Process (PDF)
- Greenfield Demographic Report (PDF)
- Greenfield Planned Unit Development Process (PDF)
- Greenfield Special Use Process (PDF)
- Greenfield Special Use Review Process (PDF)
- Greenfield Traffic Count Map (PDF)
- Plan Commission Application
- Greenfield Multi-Family Housing Map
- South 27th Street Corridor Charette