Drop Off Center
Please Note: DOC users must be prepared to unload all items on their own.
Properties that participate in Greenfield’s Solid Waste Disposal Program (residential buildings of 4 units or less and some condominiums) have access to the Greenfield Trash & Recycling Drop off Center. Users are required to present their key tag to the attendant when entering. Lost passes may be replaced free of charge.
Greenfield residents who do not participate in the City's Solid Waste Disposal Program may purchase a pass to use the Drop-Off-Center. A single-use pass is $15 and a yearly pass is $45. Paid passes do not include disposal of electronics. Passes are available at City Hall, Room 203, Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call (414) 329-5321 if you have questions.
4551 S 52nd Street
Greenfield, WI 53220
Tuesdays and Thursdays
2:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
In order to keep the DOC efficient and cost effective, please note that the Drop Off Center is for Greenfield residents only and only for those items normally generated by a residential household. The DOC is not intended for large remodel or landscaping projects, dirt, gravel or stone removal, hazardous waste, landlord/apartment use and/or other business generated items. Please call Johns should you have any of these items.
Electronic items will be limited to 5 per month with an annual limit of 20. Residents participating in the Solid Waste Disposal Program may call John's Disposal once per year to arrange pick-up of an electronic item.
Donating is an easy way to put your unwanted items to good use!
- Freecycle - Give away a wide variety of items through this email group. Free to join!
- Goodwill - Accepts usable clothing and household goods.
- Habitat for Humanity Restore - Accepts new and used home goods, cabinetry, and building supplies.
- Salvation Army - Accepts a wide variety of items from household goods and non-perishable food items to vehicles. Will pick up.
- St Vincent de Paul - Accepts household items, furniture, and appliances. Will pick up.
- Purple Heart Pickup Service - Accepts clothing, shoes, toys and other other household items. Will pickup.
Additional Disposal Options
There are a number of private and non-profit organizations that recycle a wide variety of materials. Check out Earth 911’s recycling database to search for more options.
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District accepts old and unused household hazardous waste at their Home Hazmat Collection Sites.