The Greenfield Police Department accepts applications for the position of Police Officer on an ongoing basis. Please read and complete all forms carefully. Contact Assistant Chief Paul Schlecht with any questions.
- Download and read the Police Officer Job Description (PDF).
- Download, read and fully complete the application (PDF).
- Be sure to download our Veteran Preference Forms (PDF) if you qualify.
- Return the application packet by U.S. mail, FedEx / UPS or hand-delivery to:
Greenfield Police and Fire Commission
Greenfield Law Enforcement Center
5300 West Layton Avenue
Greenfield, WI 53220
- If you scan your documents, they can be emailed to Office Manager Heather Zagorski.
- If you email your application, it must be fully completed and signed. Your application is not accepted until you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 1 business day, call Office Manager Heather Zagorski at 414-761-5357.Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis.
- 11 paid holidays
- 4-2 / 4-2 work schedule
- Clothing allowance
- Deferred compensation
- Education incentive pay
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Longevity pay
- Sick leave
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- 21 years of age
- 60 college credits, a Bachelor’s Degree or Associate's Degree at the time of appointment
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Driver’s license
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- United States citizen
- $53,000 to $73,000 Annually ($26.35 per hour to $36.10 per hour)
- Top pay after 5 years
- Experienced, sworn officers may start at up to top pay, depending on experience.