The Greenfield Police Department accepts applications for the position of Police Officer on an ongoing basis. Please read and complete all forms carefully. Contact Captain Sean Licht with any questions.
- Download and read the Police Officer Job Description (PDF).
- Download, read and fully complete the application (PDF).
- Be sure to download our Veteran Preference Forms (PDF) if you qualify.
- Return the application packet by U.S. mail, FedEx / UPS or hand-delivery to:
Greenfield Police and Fire Commission
Greenfield Law Enforcement Center
5300 West Layton Avenue
Greenfield, WI 53220
- If you scan your documents, they can be emailed to Office Manager Heather Zagorski.
- If you email your application, it must be fully completed and signed. Your application is not accepted until you receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 1 business day, call Office Manager Heather Zagorski at 414-761-5357.Applications will be accepted on an on-going basis.
- 11 paid holidays
- 4-2 / 4-2 work schedule
- Clothing allowance
- Deferred compensation
- Education incentive pay
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Longevity pay
- Sick leave
- Wisconsin Retirement System
- 21 years of age
- 60 college credits, a Bachelor’s Degree or Associate's Degree at the time of appointment
- Ability to possess a firearm
- Driver’s license
- No domestic abuse convictions
- No felony convictions
- United States citizen
- $53,000 to $73,000 Annually ($26.35 per hour to $36.10 per hour)
- Top pay after 5 years
- Experienced, sworn officers may start at up to top pay, depending on experience.