Licensing Information and Applications

* Before an application for an Alcohol Beverage License is filed in the City Clerk’s office, applicants must begin the approval process by contacting:

1. Kristi Johnson, Community Development Manager, at (414) 329-5342, for review by the Plan Commission.

2. Environmental Health Specialist, at (414) 329-5267, for review by the Health Dept.

3. The Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue at (414) 227-4000 or click here to obtain a Wisconsin Seller’s Permit. This can also be obtained at the Wisconsin State Office Building, 819 N. 6th St., Room 408, in Milwaukee.

4. The Internal Revenue Service to obtain a Federal Employer Identification number. For more information, or to apply online, click here.

The Community Development and Inspection Services Division are responsible for providing applications and issuing various permits including:
  • Building Permits
  • Plumbing or Electrical Permits