Parks & Facilities
The Greenfield Parks and Recreation Department is responsible for the maintenance of parks and facilities as well as park and facility rentals. Rentals are available at Konkel Park, Kulwicki Park, and the Greenfield Community Center.
Konkel Park (5151 W. Layton Ave.) is the cornerstone of our community and home to the AMP (an outdoor concert venue) and the AMP HAUS (offering concessions during AMP events). Konkel Park is a hub of activity with a weekly farmers market on Sundays from May through October as well as many free events, concerts, and family activities throughout the spring, summer, and fall. Summer adult softball, volleyball, and cornhole leagues are also held at Konkel Park. New for the 2019 to 2020 winter season is free outdoor skating at the Dan Jansen Family Fest Ice Rink. Learn more about Konkel Park Rentals.
Kulwicki Park (located 10777 W. Cold Spring Road) is home to Greenfield-New Berlin Little League. Bordering the Root River Parkway, and the Wimmer Wetlands, the park has lots of green picnic space, a playground area, wildflowers, songbirds and is a good spot to catch up with the local bike trails. Learn more about Kulwicki Park Rentals.
In addition to Konkel and Kulwicki, the City of Greenfield also has many more neighborhood parks for residents to enjoy:
- Bicentennial Park
- Brookside-Meadow Drive Park: Playground
- Coopers Hawk Park: Playground and walking path
- Creekwood Park: Gazebo, playground, and walking path
- Dan Jansen Park: Baseball/softball, playground, restrooms, and shelter
- Don Almquist Park: Gazebo and playground
- Falcon View Park: Bike trail and playground
- Haker Park: Playground
- Jim Smrz Park: Playground
- Konkel Park: Baseball/softball, volleyball, bike trail, The AMP Amphitheater, AMP Haus, concession stand, gazebo, life trail exercise stations, playground, restrooms, shelters, ice rink, and walking paths
- Kulwicki Park: Baseball/softball, pavilion, picnic area, picnic tables, playground, and trails
- Lavies Park: Playgound
- Pondview Park: Gazebo and pond
- Towering Woods Nature Area
- Wildcat Creek Nature Corridor
The Greenfield Community Center, when not in use for Parks and Recreation sponsored activities, may be made available to rent. Whether planning a wedding, anniversary, reception, tradeshow, class reunion, business meeting, retreat, or an awards banquet, this facility has an array of amenities to offer. Convenient access to major freeways makes it easy for guests to find, along with an abundance of free lighted parking. The site has an inviting patio and is surrounded by beautiful landscaping, making an attractive backdrop for events. Learn more about Community Center Rentals.