WIC Programs

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

The Women, Infant and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program provides nutrition education, breastfeeding education and support, supplemental nutrition foods, and referrals to other healthy and nutritious services.

If you are interested in applying for WIC, please call 414-329-5243


Participant will learn about

  • Breastfeeding and receive breastfeeding support
  • Nutrition for the family
  • Healthy foods
  • Programs and services that may help the participant and the family

Can I get WIC Benefits?

To find out if you can get WIC Benefits, call the hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-642-7837 or click here.

Participants must:
  • All participants must meet income requirements
  • Be a resident of the state of Wisconsin.
  • Be a pregnant woman or new mother
  • Have a child that is under 5 years old that meets the income requirements

Where do I go?

The WIC Program in Greenfield is located in Room 105 at City Hall, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave

WIC appointments are required and should be scheduled.  WIC is in Greenfield on Tuesdays from 8:30 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.

Benefit pick-up is available during your appointment.

If you are interested in applying for WIC, call: 414-329-5243

What do I bring along to my first appointment?

  • Current proof of income
    • Paycheck stub for all working in the household or a letter from your employer
    • Tax return if self employed
    • Unemployment form or copy of check
    • Notice of Decision letter for food stamps, medical assistance or W2
    • Forward Card (Title 19 card for medical assistance, Healthy Start or Badger Care)
  • Identification for the persons being certified and for the guardian
    • Drivers license
    • Birth certificate
    • Old WIC folder
    • Infant crib card, bracelet or hospital certificate (not Social Security cards)
  • Immunization records if available
  • Proof of Pregnancy
  • The person being certified

At the appointment there will be:

  • Blood testing for lead
  • Benefit packets may be issued
  • Forms to fill out
  • Nutrition assessment and counseling
  • Weight and height measurement
You can also find out more on the WIC website.