COVID-19 REMOTE PROCEDURES
Please see our ’Remote Procedures for COVID-19’ page for permits and available other services.
Permitting & Plan Review Protocols During the COVID-19 Crisis
Consistent with Governor Evers Emergency Order #12 - SAFER AT HOME ORDER, Greenfield Inspection Services will continue rough inspections on already permitted projects and will issue permits on projects defined as essential infrastructure. Also outlined in Emergency Order #12,
Construction Inspection Services
Unoccupied New Construction
- Inspections will proceed as requested by contractors. Inspectors will provide 10 minutes advance notice of arrival to the site so areas to be inspected may be cleared of workers. Up to two (2) site managers may accompany the inspector for the inspection if desired. All individuals on site must remain a minimum of ten feet from the inspector at all times. Failure to clear the area needing inspection or maintain adequate distance from the inspector will result in a failed inspection and the inspector leaving the site immediately.
- Inspection requests for occupied properties will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Priority will be given to projects that impact the immediate usability of currently-occupied spaces. Inspectors will provide 10 minutes advance notice of arrival to the property so the area needing inspection can be cleared. One (1) individual may accompany the inspector for the inspection if desired. Children, individuals not accompanying the inspector, and pets shall remain in a fully separated space away from the inspector for the duration of the inspection. Failure to clear the area under construction or maintain adequate distance from the inspector will result in a failed inspection and the inspector leaving the site immediately.
- Occupied final inspections and items including but not limited to furnaces, air conditioners, water heaters, and other similar facilities will not be inspected until normal operations resume.
Who We Are
Inspection Services is primarily responsible for overseeing new construction of and alterations to commercial and residential buildings and the installation of plumbing, electrical, and heating and air conditioning systems. Plans are reviewed and permits are issued with conditional approval within the restrictions of State and City codes.
Inspections are made at various stages of construction. For each inspection made, a computer report is entered. These reports are kept in our computer database as a history of the property for current and future owners. Property files are public record and open for public inspection during regular office hours.
Inspection Request Policy:
Inspection requests must be submitted by way of calling Inspection Services at 414-329-5330.
Email or voicemail inspection requests are not accepted.
Except in cases of emergencies, “same day inspection requests” are not accepted. “Planned project inspection requests” must be submitted no later than 3:00PM the previous business day.
- 27th Street to 76th Street job locations will be handled from 9:00 AM to 11:30AM.
- 76th Street to 124th Street job locations will be handled from 12:30PM - 3:00PM.