LICENSING INFORMATION AND APPLICATIONS
- Alcohol Beverage License
- Amusement Distributor License and/or Tags
- Cigarette License
- Direct Seller License
- Dry Cleaning & Washing Machine License
- Entertainment License
- Operator's (Bartender) License
- Parade License
- Secondhand Article/Jewelry Dealer License
- Temporary Class B Beer and/or Wine License
Alcohol Beverage License
* Before an application for an Alcohol Beverage License is filed in the City Clerk’s office, applicants must begin the approval process by contacting:
1. Kristi Johnson, Community Development Manager, at (414) 329-5342, for review by the Plan Commission.
2. Environmental Health Specialist, at (414) 329-5267, for review by the Health Dept.
3. The Wisconsin Dept. of Revenue at (414) 227-4000 to obtain a Wisconsin Seller’s Permit. This can also be obtained at the Wisconsin State Office Building, 819 N. 6th St., Room 408, in Milwaukee.
4. The Internal Revenue Service to obtain a Federal Employer Identification number.
The Community Development and Inspection Services Division are responsible for providing applications and issuing various permits including:
- Building Permits
- Plumbing or Electrical Permits
Beer/Liquor/Wine License Application Forms:
- Original Alcohol Beverage Retail License Application
- Renewal Alcohol Beverage Retail License Application (previous year licensees only)
- Schedule for Appointment of Agent
- Schedule for Successor of Agent
- Auxiliary Questionnaire
- Supplemental List of Names Identified on Beer and-or Liquor License
- Addendum to Alcohol Beverage License Application
- Information re: Wisconsin Seller's Permit
- Application to Extend Licensed Premises
For sale of beer in original packages or containers for off-premises consumption only.
“Class A” Liquor License - $500
For sale of intoxicating liquor in original packages or containers for off-premises consumption only.
Class “B” Beer License - $100
For sale of beer for on-premises or off-premises consumption.
“Class B” Liquor License - $500
For sale of intoxicating liquor by the glass for on-premises consumption, and in the original package of container in multiples not to exceed four liters at any one time to be consumed off the premises where sold.
“Class C” Wine License - $100
For sale of wine by the glass or in an opened original container for consumption on the premises where sold.
Amusement Distributor License and/or Tags
If a Greenfield business owns the amusement device(s), the business owner should apply for a tag for each machine he or she owns.
AMUSEMENT DEVICE DISTRIBUTOR LICENSE $150
AMUSEMENT DEVICE TAG (1 PER MACHINE) $40
- Cigarette and Tobacco Products Retail License Application
- Information re: Wisconsin Seller's Permit
- Publication 302-Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Laws for Retailers
CIGARETTE AND TOBACCO PRODUCTS RETAIL LICENSE: $100
Direct Seller License
If the sellers qualify as a Traveling Sales Crew additional regulations may apply.
Certain businesses are required to have a Wisconsin Seller’s Permit. You can find more information here: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/Pages/FAQS/pcs-seller.aspx#s1a
DIRECT SELLER LICENSE: $75
BACKGROUND CHECK FEE:$10 (PER PERSON)
Dry Cleaning & Washing Machine License
DRY CLEANING AND/OR WASHING MACHINE LICENSE FEE: $25 per machine
Operator's (Bartender) License
This license year runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Original Operator’s License Application Requires approval of the Greenfield Common Council.
- Renewal – Operator’s License Application (previous year licensees only) Requires approval of the Greenfield Common Council.
- Provisional Operator’s License Application Applicants in need of a license before Common Council approval may also apply for a Provisional Operator’s License, which is issued after the applicant passes a background check, (approximately one week from submission of paperwork and fees) and is valid for 60 days, or until the Original Operator’s License is issued. Applicants must also provide a letter from the employer requesting that the employee be issued a Provisional License.
- Temporary Operator’s License Application (two licenses allowed per year) A Temporary Operator's license is issued to an individual who will donate his/her services to sell/serve at a licensed temporary event.
- DOR-approved list of Responsible Beverage Server Training Courses New applicants for an Operator’s License must complete a Responsible Beverage Server Training Course, or provide a Certified Copy of a Valid Operator’s License from another Municipality held in the past two years.
- Publication 302 - Wisconsin Alcohol Beverage and Tobacco Laws for Retailers
OPERATOR'S LICENSE FEE: $50
RENEWAL-OPERATOR'S LICENSE FEE: $50
PROVISIONAL OPERATOR'S LICENSE FEE: $15
TEMPORARY OPERATOR'S LICENSE FEE: $10
BACKGROUND CHECK FEE: $10*
*Background Check required on all Operator's License applications.
For additional information about Operator’s Licenses call (414) 329-5219.
A Parade License is required for any parade, march, ceremony, show, exhibition, pageant, motorcade, or procession of any kind, or any similar display in or upon any street, sidewalk, or other public place in the City.
Applications for a Parade License may be obtained from the
5300 West Layton Avenue
Greenfield, WI 53220
Complete and submit the application for a Parade License HERE.
Secondhand Article/Jewelry Dealer License
PAWNBROKER LICENSE: $210.00
SECONDHAND JEWELRY DEALER LICENSE: $ 30.00
SECONDHAND ARTICLE DEALER LICENSE: $ 75.00
MALL/FLEA MARKET LICENSE: $165.00
BACKGROUND CHECK FEE: $10.00 (PER PERSON)
This license may be granted and issued only to:
- Bona fide clubs
- State, county, or local fair associations or agricultural societies.
- Church, lodge, or society that has been in existence for at least 6 months prior to the date of application.
- Posts of veterans organizations.
- Chambers of Commerce or similar civic or trade organizations organized under ch. 181, Wis Stats.
There must be at least one individual who holds a Greenfield Operator’s License on the premises at the event per Wis. Statute.
$10 PER DAY OF EVENT
$10 BACKGROUND CHECK FEE (PER PERSON IF ALSO APPLYING FOR A TEMPORARY OPERATOR'S LICENSE)