I just got a ticket, what do I do now?

A City of Greenfield citation, whether it be traffic related or an ordinance violation, is handled under the jurisdiction of the Greenfield Municipal Court.

If you wish to contest the citation, you must appear in court on the date and time indicated on the citation. At that time you will be given an opportunity to enter a plea to the offense. If your plea is "Not Guilty", you will be given a trial date on which to return and present evidence to the Judge. If your plea is "Guilty" or "No Contest" you will be found guilty, but the Judge will give you an opportunity to speak on your own behalf and offer any mitigating circumstances.

In most circumstances, the Judge will give consideration to those individuals who have corrected driver license, registration and equipment violations and who bring proof to court.

Show All Answers

1. How late are you open?
2. What are the parking regulations for Greenfield, Wisconsin?
3. I just got a ticket, what do I do now?
4. If I get a ticket, can I just pay it and get it over with?
5. My car was towed by the Greenfield Police Department. Where did it go?
6. I locked my keys in my car. Will the police department come and open it?
7. How do I get a copy of a police or accident report?
8. Can I register my vehicle at the police department?
9. My neighbor hasn't shoveled his snow. What can I do about it?
10. How do I make a records request?