Greenfield’s Engineering Division is responsible for coordinating the design and construction of City streets and reviews all newly proposed private construction projects. The City’s geographic information system (GIS) is maintained and updated by a team of Engineering Division technicians.
Driveway, approach, culvert, utility, erosion control, service walk, side walk and ditch enclosure permits are reviewed, issued, and inspected by the Engineering Division.
The Engineering Division attends and coordinates the Board of Public Works.
The Engineering Division is the City’s primary liaison with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR), the Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD), Milwaukee Water Works (MWW) and Southeastern Wisconsin Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC). The division maintains many records and files documenting over 50 years of change and development in Greenfield.
Read the Development Design Manual online.
The Greenfield PPII Program is a collaborative effort between the City of Greenfield and the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD).
Stay informed about the latest news regarding road construction projects happening in Greenfield.
The Engineering Division coordinates City’s storm water management initiatives including storm water regulations and regulatory reporting, construction site erosion and sediment control, storm water pollution prevention and education, green infrastructure initiatives and oversight of the City storm water utility.
- Taming the Erosion in Wildcat Creek
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Fair Housing Council
- UW Extension Publications on Household Waste, Yard Care & Storm Water Management Practices
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD)
- Milwaukee Metropolitan Regional Planning Commission (SEWRPC)
- Milwaukee Water Works (MWW)
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
- City of Greenfield Ban of Coal Tar Sealants