Sewer Billing Information
Access your sewer account to view account history, print prior bills, or make payments by clicking Online Payment Utility Billing Search | City of Greenfield | BS&A Online
Please note - you must have your account number to access this system. When paying your sewer bill online (or by phone) with a credit card or e-check, there is a convenience fee of 2.5%, with a minimum of $2.00 added to your payment.**
City of Greenfield Treasurer
7325 W. Forest Home Ave.
Greenfield, WI 53220
Sewer Billing Information:
Sewer service bills are billed quarterly to all residential and commercial properties.
1st Qtr - covers Jan 1 thru March 31, billed early May
2nd Qtr - covers April 1 thru June 30, billed early August
3rd Qtr - covers July 1 thru Sept 30, billed late October
4th Qtr - covers Oct 1 thru Dec 31, billed early February
The due dates are at least 22 days after the billing date. There is a 4.5% penalty per quarter on an unpaid balance for bills not paid by the due date.
Any delinquent balance after the 3rd quarter due date is placed on the homeowner's tax bill, with an additional 10% penalty.
**Please note that you will also receive a separate bill from Milwaukee Water Works for your water billing.**
Any questions/concerns, contact the Treasurer’s Office at 414-329-5259 or email us at: email@example.com
Sewer Bills can be Viewed and Reprinted.
** Up to date online bill information is available by clicking the link towards the top of this page. Please note, you will need your account number for access.**
- Online - pay by credit card or e-check by clicking the link towards the top of this page. Please note, you will need your account number for access. Processing fees apply: 2.5%, minimum $2.00 for credit cards; and $1.50 flat fee for e-checks.
- Automated phone system - pay by credit card or e-check at (866) 666-5723 using your account number. The same processing fees apply as noted above for online payments.
- Automatic Payment Plan - payments automatically deducted from your bank account on the due date. To sign up for this free service, fill out the enrollment form and return it to the Finance Office at City Hall, by mail at PO Box 20739, Greenfield, WI 53220-0739, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax at 414-543-8579, in person to Room 103 in City Hall at 7325 W. Forest Home Ave, or in our drop box near the south entrance of City Hall.
- Mail - pay by check in the envelope provided with the bill.
- In-person - pay with cash, check, or credit card at City Hall Treasurer's Office (Room 103) during normal business hours. Please note, the same credit card fees apply.
- Drop box - near the south entrance of City Hall. Please include the bill stub with your check.
The wastewater of the City is collected and treated by the wastewater system operated by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD). The sewer bill is composed of four charges:
1) The MMSD connection charge is billed by the City on behalf of MMSD to cover costs to run sewage treatment plants and the deep tunnel system. The 2021 rate is $9.16 per connection.
2) The MMSD volumetric rate is also billed on behalf of MMSD and is based on your water consumption. Milwaukee Water Works supplies us with meter reads. The 2021 rate is $2.51 per thousand gallons. The 1st quarter reflects the meter reads taken from mid-October to mid-January (winter read). Residential customers (1-4 family units) are billed on this actual consumption read for the 1st quarter sewer bill. The next three quarters are billed on this same consumption (dependent on consistency). Commercial customers are charged for actual water usage reported on all four quarters. The minimum charge on the volumetric rate is $6.00. **Customers who do not discharge all water to the sewer system may be certified by MMSD for a discounted charge. For more information, please call MMSD at 414-272-5100.**
3) The local sewer charge is billed to meet the capital, operating and maintenance expenses of its local sewer system. This fee for 2021 is $24.88 per unit. A single family home is one unit. A duplex would be a two unit dwelling. An apartment building with 8 apartments and/or commercial buildings with 8 separate offices would be an 8 unit dwelling. This charge is computed by dividing the revenue shown on the Greenfield Sewer Service fund budget by the total number of units in the City.
Sewer services bills are mailed quarterly to all residential and commercial properties sometime in February, May, August, and late October. The due dates are at least 22 days after the billing date. There is a 4.5% penalty per quarter on an unpaid balance for bills not paid by the due date. Any delinquent balance after the 3rd quarter November due date is placed on the homeowner's tax bill, along with an additional 10% penalty. Please note that you will also receive a separate bill from Milwaukee Water Works for your water billing.
**Note: Should a payment be returned for any reason, a bank fee will be assessed.**