Sewer Billing Information
Access your sewer account to view account history by clicking
Online Payment Utility Billing Search | City of Greenfield | BS&A Online
** Please note - you must have your account number to access this system. **
**Please note that the City of Greenfield only bills for sewer service. You will also receive a separate quarterly bill from Milwaukee Water Works for your water. They can be reached at (414) 286-2830.**
Sewer service bills are billed quarterly to all residential and commercial properties.
1st Quarter - covers January 1st thru March 31st, bills are sent out in early May
2nd Quarter - covers April 1st thru June 30th, bills are sent out in early August
3rd Quarter - covers July 1st thru September 30th, bills are sent out in late October
4th Quarter - covers October 1st thru December 31st, bills are sent out in early February
The due dates are at least 22 days after the billing date. There is a 4.5% penalty per quarter on an unpaid balance for bills not paid by the due date.
Any delinquent balance after the 3rd quarter due date is placed on the homeowner's tax bill, with an additional 10% penalty.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact the Treasurer's Office at (414) 329-5259 (our normal office hours are Monday - Friday, 8am until 5pm) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Online - pay by credit card or e-check by clicking the link towards the top of this page. Please note, you will need
your account number for access. Processing fees apply: 2.5% ($2.00 minimum) for credit cards; and $1.50 flat fee
• Automated phone system - pay by credit card or e-check at (866) 666-5723 using your account number. The
same processing fees apply as noted above for online payments.
• Automatic Payment Plan - payments automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on the due
date each quarter. To sign up for this free service, fill out the Sewer Enrollment Form and return it to the Treasurer's
Office. You can email the completed form to email@example.com or fax it to (414) 543-8579. You may also
return it to our office in person at City Hall in Room 103 or place it in our drop box near the south entrance of City
Hall. If you would like to mail it, please send to City of Greenfield Treasurer, 7325 W. Forest Home Avenue,
Greenfield, WI 53220.
• Mail - pay by check using the envelope provided with the bill. Please include the bill stub.
• In-person - pay with cash, check, or credit card at City Hall Treasurer's Office (Room 103) during normal business
hours. Please note the same credit card fees apply.
• Drop box - located near the south entrance of City Hall. Please include the bill stub with your check.
The wastewater of the City is collected and treated by the wastewater system operated by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD). The sewer bill is composed of four charges:
1) The MMSD connection charge is billed by the City on behalf of MMSD to cover costs to run sewage treatment plants and the deep tunnel system. The 2022 rate is $10.55 per connection.
2) The MMSD volumetric rate is also billed on behalf of MMSD and is based on your water consumption. Milwaukee Water Works supplies us with meter reads. The 2022 rate is $2.55 per thousand gallons. The 1st quarter reflects the meter reads taken from mid-October to mid-January (winter read). Residential customers (1-4 family units) are billed on this actual consumption read for the 1st quarter sewer bill. The next three quarters are billed on this same consumption (dependent on consistency). Commercial customers are charged for actual water usage reported on all four quarters. The minimum charge on the volumetric rate is $6.00. **Commercial customers who do not discharge all water to the sewer system may be certified by MMSD for a discounted charge. For more information, please call MMSD at (414) 272-5100.**
3) The local sewer charge is billed to meet the capital, operating and maintenance expenses of its local sewer system. This fee for 2022 is $25.20 per unit. A single family home is one unit. A duplex would be a two-unit dwelling. An apartment building with 8 apartments and/or commercial buildings with 8 separate offices would be an 8 unit dwelling. This charge is computed by dividing the revenue shown on the Greenfield Sewer Service fund budget by the total number of units in the City.
4) The storm water charge was established in August of 2009, in order to meet new state requirements to manage storm water quality and quantity on all impervious surfaces. The average impervious surface per single residential unit is 3,630 square feet, or 1 ERU (equivalent runoff unit). The 2022 quarterly charge is $18.50 per ERU per Common Council Resolution. Duplexes are based on 1.1 ERU and any business or residential dwelling 3 units or larger are based upon actual square footage of impervious surface to determine the ERU.
**Note - Should a payment be returned for any reason, a bank fee will be assessed.**