Voter Registration and Absentee Voting
Voter Registration Information
To register to vote online, go to myvote.wi.gov.
Voters must reside at their address for at least 28 days by Election Day in order to register to vote at that address. Voters who have moved within Wisconsin less than 28 days before the election must vote from their previous address. You can find more information by searching the Wisconsin Elections Commission’s website (elections.wi.gov), accessing the My Vote Wisconsin website (myvote.wi.gov), or by contacting the Greenfield City Clerk’s office at 329-5219. You must provide a Proof of Residence Document when registering to vote in Wisconsin. A Proof of Residence Document is a document that proves where you live in Wisconsin. If you have been issued a State of Wisconsin Driver License that is current and valid, you must provide the number and expiration date. Some exceptions apply.
Voter Registration Forms
- Voter Registration Application Form - EL-131 (English Fillable)
- Voter Registration Application Form - EL-131S (Spanish Fillable)
- Voter Registration Application Form - EL-131 H (Hmong Fillable)
- Acceptable Proof of Residence Documents
Ways to Register to Vote for the August 9, 2022 Partisan Primary.
- Online voter registration is available at myvote.wi.gov. Online registration closes on July 20, 2022 (by 11:59 p.m.) If your address in not current with the WI Dept. of Motor Vehicles, you will need to update it before you can proceed with online registration. Here is the link to do so https://wisconsindot.gov/Pages/online-srvcs/change-addy/default.aspx.
- Mail in voter registration applications must be postmarked by July 20, 2022. Complete the Voter Registration Application, include Proof of Residence, and mail it to: Greenfield City Clerk’s Office, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave., Room 102, Greenfield, WI 53220.
- Register to vote in person at the Greenfield City Clerk’s office now through August 5, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. Bring a Proof of Residence document.
- Register to vote at your polling place on Election Day, Tuesday, August 9, 2022 from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Bring a Proof of Residence document.
Voter Information Center
At http://elections.wi.gov/voters you can find information on everything you need to know about voting. A menu of options is provided based on who you are or what you want to do.
Absentee Voting Information
A request must be made if you wish to receive an absentee ballot. Photo ID must be provided before an absentee ballot can be mailed, unless you are a military, permanently overseas, or confidential voter, or you are on the permanent absentee list because you are indefinitely confined due to age, illness, infirmity or disability. If you previously were required to provide photo ID to have an absentee ballot mailed to you, and you have not since changed your name or moved, you may not need to provide photo ID again. Please check with the City Clerk’s office at (414) 329-5219. To find more information about absentee voting, go to elections.wi.gov/voters/absentee.
Ways to Request an Absentee Ballot for the August 9, 2022 Partisan Primary.
- Absentee ballot requests can be made online at myvote.wi.gov now through August 4, 2022.
- By mail or email now through August 4, 2022. Complete the Application for Absentee Ballot, include Photo ID and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to: Greenfield City Clerk’s Office, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave., Room 102, Greenfield, WI 53220.
- Vote in person (early absentee voting) at Greenfield City Hall July 26, 2022 - August 5, 2022.
- Contact the City Clerk’s office for deadlines pertaining to indefinitely confined, military (not on active duty away) and hospitalized voters, as well as sequestered jurors.
Ways to Return your Absentee Ballot
- By mail. Ballots must be received by the Greenfield City Clerk’s office by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, August 9, 2022 to allow for timely delivery to the polls no later than 8:00 p.m.
- Hand Deliver. Ballots can be hand delivered to the Greenfield City Clerk’s office, Room 102, 7325 W. Forest Home Ave., from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, or during the same hours early in person absentee voting is open, and must be received no later than 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, August 9, 2022 to allow for timely delivery to the polls no later than 8:00 p.m.
Contact the City Clerk’s office with questions at 329-5219 or ClerkDept@greenfieldwi.us.
Absentee Ballot Requests made by Snowbirds and Voters Temporarily Away
If you have an absentee ballot application on file with the City Clerk’s office to receive absentee ballots by mail, and will be away from your Greenfield address for one or more elections, be certain to provide us with the address where your ballots for these elections should be sent. Absentee ballots cannot be forwarded by the Post Office. Contact the City Clerk’s office at 329-5219.