The City of Greenfield has adopted the following policies regarding the replacement of mailboxes damaged due to snow removal operations:
- The reimbursement to a resident who has had damage done to their mailbox will be made in the amount of $75 maximum per event.
- This reimbursement will only be offered after a Division of Public Works Working Foreman has determined that the mailbox location was in compliance with the City of Greenfield policy (Required Dimensions).
- This reimbursement will only be offered after a Division of Public Works Working Foreman has determined that the damage was caused by plow operator error.
- If the structure is pushed over by the weight of the snow or is in disrepair, i.e. rusted or rotted post, broken brackets or deteriorated mailboxes, there will be no reimbursement. The post and mailbox must be capable of withstanding flying snow and slush from traffic and snowplows.
- No labor costs will be paid.
- Temporary mailboxes will be made available from the Division of Public Works.
- Claims must be reported within 7 days after incident occurrence.